I’m available to chat with book clubs virtually (or possibly in person!).
Contact me to find out more.
Discussion Questions for your Book Club
- How much did you know about the Caribbean before reading this novel? How have your impressions changed?
- Did you sympathize with Myrna and her secret mission? Do you think the risks she took were worth it?
- What is the role of the Bench Stories? Why do you think they’re placed where they are throughout the novel? What ideas do they introduce about the island that aren’t part of Myrna’s personal story?
- How was Jasmine Manion’s tourist experience defined by her background?
- Why is garbage so important to the story?
- How much change do you think will occur as a result of the end of the book – at the resort? for Myrna? for the island as a whole?
Additional Resources for Book Clubs
Read about the research and writing process that went into Fingerprints of Previous Owners (and see some photos, too):
Research Notes @ Necessary Fiction
A Tourist in My Own Book @ Literary Hub